New Changes to 2019:
$3,000 To first place instead of $2,000
NO off limits
2 Flights will be Split in half of exactly how many boats show
Must fish the classic with your yearly partner. Your team must fish at minimum 3 tournaments! If your partner cannot fish the classic you must fish alone.
90% payback instead of 100% Entry fees $150 instead of $120. Membership fees $35 instead of $25 *BIGGER PAYOUTS
Late penalties (paying at the ramp morning of) $20 will be enforced this year.
PEMBROKE CREEK will host 4 of the 7 Tournaments this year.
CHOWAN RIVER BASS BASH RULES/REGULATIONS
• $150 Entry Fee Includes $10 Big Fish
• $35 one time Association fee per person
• Guaranteed $3,000+ To first place Each Tournament. The more boats the higher the payout!
• Point’s champions will receive Free Entry into the Classic and Boat Number 1 starting position for 2020 season.
• You May have one partner switch throughout the regular season. You may not use a substitute for the Classic!
• You Must Fish 3 of 7 tournaments to make classic.
• OFF LIMITS : NO OFF LIMITS
• All money’s due the morning of the tournament. There is a $20 late penalty if you sign up the morning of. Signups will be online at Tunislanding.com, in the store, or over the phone (252-427-4071) Tunis store. Make sure to print out and sign the Entry Form. You may sign up for the whole year if you’d like.
• Boat numbers will be given as you sign up. There will be two flights. First flight weighing in at 3pm and Second Flight weighing in at 3:15. Flights will be split up evenly depending on how many boats are in the tournament.
• Live wells will be checked morning of the tournament on the main river at the end of Tunis Canal or as you come under the bridge at Pembroke Creek. Failure to receive a live well check is automatic disqualification. If you pre pay and want to Put in at another boat ramp and drive your boat down the river make sure to get a live well check. You will not be counted present without a live well check!
• Do not fish within 50 yards of an anchored boat unless permitted.
• Tunis canal is off limits!
• 5 Bass limit 14” long (.25 pound dead fish penalty)
• If you measure a short fish there is a one pound penalty and your biggest fish will be removed. All fish will be measured on a Golden Rule. (mouth closed, tail pinched)
• No exiting the boat unless there is an emergency. (Weather, Nature Calls)
• In a scenario of a tie Big fish breaks the tie.
• TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR (JOHN KELLETT) HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY ENTRY INTO TOURNAMENT
• ALL PROTESTS MUST BE MADE TO TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR WITHIN FIVE MINUTES OF CLOSING OF SCALES
• ALL PROTEST RULINGS WILL BE MADE BY TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE
• Boats must be checked in at the appropriate time at the end of the canal. Failure to check in at your Time will be penalized. One pound penalty for every minute late to weigh in up to 10 minutes, then disqualification: including big fish.
• All Boats must be USCG Compliant.
• NO LIVE BAIT, NO TROLLING, ALL fish must be caught in a legal sporting manner.
• Sportsmanship: all contestants are expected to conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner at all times. If the Tournament director is made aware of your unsportsmanlike conduct, you can and will be asked to leave.
• If you break down only another competitor can transport you and your fish back to weigh in. You may be towed in by a non-competitor, but fish may not leave your live well.
• All competitors are expected to abide by all state and federal laws and game regulations
• NOT ABIDING BY THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND/OR BANISHMENT